O Kremlin de Moscou - Fortaleza icônica da Rússia

O Kremlin de Moscou - Fortaleza icônica da Rússia


We are searching data for your request:

Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Wait the end of the search in all databases.
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.

O Kremlin de Moscou (também conhecido como Kremlin) é indiscutivelmente um dos monumentos mais icônicos da capital russa, Moscou. O Kremlin é um complexo fortificado que data de 14 º século e serviu como sede do poder da Rússia por grande parte de sua história desde então. O Kremlin, no entanto, não era apenas o coração político da Rússia, mas também seu centro religioso.

Muitas igrejas e catedrais foram construídas nos terrenos do Kremlin. Além disso, o Kremlin também é a sede do Patriarca (conhecido como Metropolita durante certos períodos da história da Rússia) de Moscou, o chefe espiritual da Igreja Ortodoxa Russa. Hoje, o Kremlin também é um destino turístico popular para quem visita a capital russa.

O Kremlin como Fortaleza

Originalmente, a palavra "kremlin" simplesmente se referia a uma cidadela ou fortaleza em qualquer cidade ou cidade russa. Hoje, porém, o Kremlin se refere especificamente ao de Moscou, que também é o exemplo mais famoso de kremlin. A propósito, a etimologia desta palavra é contestada e pode ser de origem tártara, grega ou russa.

O Kremlin está situado no centro de Moscou. Ao sul deste complexo está o rio Moskva, a leste, a Catedral de São Basílio e a Praça Vermelha, e a oeste, os Jardins de Alexandre (um dos primeiros parques públicos urbanos de Moscou).

Ao longo dos séculos, várias estruturas foram construídas (e destruídas) no Kremlin, incluindo palácios, igrejas e vários monumentos. Como cidadela, é natural que o Kremlin seja cercado por muralhas e torres defensivas.

Embora o Kremlin seja datado de 14 º século, sua história remonta ao passado de Moscou. A referência mais antiga conhecida à própria cidade é encontrada no início Crônicas Russas . No dia 4 º de abril de 1147, o Príncipe de Suzdal, Yury Vladimirovich Dolgoruky, teria oferecido um banquete para o Príncipe de Novgorod-Seversky, um de seus aliados, em Moscou.

Mais tarde, em 1156, Dolgoruky teria construído a primeira estrutura fortificada da cidade no Monte Borovitsky, um pedaço de terra entre o rio Moskva e um de seus afluentes, o rio Neglinnaya. Esta estrutura consistia em muralhas de barro encimadas por uma parede de madeira e fortificações e é a antecessora do Kremlin de hoje.

Vista geral do morro Borovitsky, onde está localizado o Kremlin. (A.Savin / CC BY-SA 3.0 )

Pode-se mencionar que a fortificação de Dolgoruky não era chamada de kremlin. Em vez disso, era conhecido como grad (que se traduz como "povoado fortificado").

Durante a invasão de Rus 'pelos mongóis sob Batu Khan, que durou de 1236 a 1240, Moscou foi saqueada e incendiada. A cidade foi saqueada novamente pelos mongóis em 1293. Três anos depois, o graduado foi fortalecido com uma nova parede de terra e uma paliçada de carvalho.

A primeira instância do Kremlin sendo chamado assim data de 1331. Foi também nessa época que as primeiras estruturas de pedra registradas no Kremlin foram construídas. Isso se deveu a um momento crucial na história de Moscou. Em 1326, São Pedro se tornou o primeiro metropolita a residir em Moscou.

O Kremlin como o Centro da Igreja

Antes de Pedro, Kiev era o centro da Igreja Ortodoxa Russa. Quando Pedro assumiu o cargo, ele mudou sua residência de Kiev, primeiro para Vladimir, e depois para a Rússia, a pedido de Ivan Kalita, o grão-duque de Moscou. Pedro profetizou que Moscou emergiria como o centro da Rússia e que libertaria o país dos mongóis.

A chegada de Pedro a Moscou transformou a cidade no centro espiritual da Rússia. Era necessário que esse status recém-descoberto fosse refletido e comemorado em monumentos apropriados, ou seja, igrejas. Portanto, Ivan iniciou a construção da Catedral do Arcanjo, que foi dedicada ao Arcanjo Miguel.

Foi aqui que os governantes de Moscou, de Ivan Kalita a Ivan V, foram enterrados. Além disso, seguindo o conselho de Pedro, a Catedral da Assunção (também conhecida como Catedral da Dormição), que foi dedicada à Assunção da Virgem Maria, foi construída. Esta catedral se tornaria a principal igreja de Moscou e o local onde todos os czares seriam coroados.

  • Ivan, o Terrível: como ele se tornou o primeiro czar da Rússia?
  • Arkaim antigo: o Stonehenge da Rússia
  • A queda trágica do mosteiro de Solovetsky: da ordem religiosa ao campo de trabalho forçado

A Catedral da Assunção, uma das igrejas do Kremlin. (Andrey Korchagin / CC BY-NC-SA 2.0 )

Foi hipotetizado que ambas as catedrais foram construídas em locais já ocupados por igrejas, embora fossem estruturas de madeira. As catedrais de Ivan, por outro lado, eram construídas de pedra. Infelizmente, o original 14 º as estruturas do século não sobreviveram até hoje.

Fortificando o Kremlin e a Rússia

Entre 1366 e 1368, a parede de carvalho do Kremlin foi substituída por outra feita de calcário branco. Este projeto foi executado por Dmitri II (também conhecido como Dmitri Donskoi), o Grande Príncipe de Moscou, enquanto ele se preparava para desafiar a autoridade dos mongóis. Além de fortificar o Kremlin, Dmitri fortaleceu sua posição subjugando outros príncipes russos.

Quanto aos mongóis, Dmitri os mantinha satisfeitos pagando-lhes um tributo anual. Quando os mongóis enfrentaram conflitos internos, porém, Dmitri aproveitou a oportunidade para se rebelar. Ele se recusou a continuar prestando homenagem a eles e encorajou os outros príncipes russos a se juntarem a ele.

Em 1380, Dmitri derrotou Mamai, o governante efetivo da Horda Branca (a parte ocidental da Horda Dourada), na Batalha de Kulikovo no rio Don (daí o sobrenome de Dmitri, 'Donskoi', que significa 'do Don') . Essa vitória teve vida curta, pois, dois anos depois, Tokhtamysh, que derrubou Mamai e reuniu a Horda de Ouro, capturou Moscou e a saqueou. Dmitri jurou lealdade a Tokhtamysh, continuou pagando o tributo anual aos mongóis e teve suas posições restauradas.

Tokhtamysh na frente do Kremlin antes de saquear Moscou. (Shakko / )

A reunificação de Tokhtamysh da Horda de Ouro foi breve. No final do século 14, a Horda Dourada havia se dividido em canatos menores, que então declinaram rapidamente. Enquanto os mongóis sofriam de fragmentação, os russos se uniam sob o comando de Ivan III (também conhecido como Ivan, o Grande), bisneto de Dmitri II. Além do título de Grande Príncipe de Moscou que ocupava, Ivan adotou outro, Grande Príncipe de Todas as Rus ', que demonstrou seu domínio sobre o resto da Rússia.

O novo status imperial de Moscou também foi anunciado por meio da reconstrução do Kremlin. Para este empreendimento, Ivan convidou arquitetos qualificados da Itália renascentista, incluindo Pietro Antonio Solari e Marco Ruffo, para Moscou.

Foi durante o reinado de Ivan que as torres e paredes de tijolos com ameias do Kremlin (originalmente 18, mas aumentaram para 20 durante o 17 º século) foram construídos. Ao longo dos séculos, partes da parede foram demolidas, danificadas e restauradas.

No entanto, alguns dos 15 originais º a construção do século sobreviveu até hoje. A propósito, as paredes foram pintadas de vermelho, a cor do Comunismo e da Revolução, sob as ordens de Stalin em 1947.

Kremlin e Praça Vermelha, Moscou (Federação Russa). (UNESCO / CC BY-SA 3.0 )

As catedrais do Kremlin

Além das muralhas e torres, vários edifícios foram construídos por Ivan no Kremlin. Estas incluem três catedrais que ainda existem hoje - a Catedral da Assunção (reconstruída da anterior entre 1475 e 1479), a Catedral da Anunciação (concluída em 1489) e a Catedral do Arcanjo (reconstruída a partir da anterior entre 1505 e 1508).

Outras estruturas construídas durante este período incluem a Igreja da Deposição do Manto, que serviu como a igreja natal dos Metropolitas (e mais tarde, Patriarcas) de Moscou até o dia 17 º século, e o Palácio das Facetas (também conhecido como Câmara Facetada), que servia como sala do trono para recepções de Estado. Além disso, a torre do sino de Ivan, o Grande, foi construída nessa época.

  • Os tártaros: a horda de ouro, gente do inferno ou algo mais?
  • Ciência "para responder ao mistério real russo": o czar encenou a morte para se tornar monge siberiano?
  • O desaparecimento da Sala Âmbar do Palácio de Charlottenburg

Cúpulas da torre sineira de Ivan, o grande, no Kremlin. (Godot13 / CC BY-SA 3.0 )

Embora a torre tenha sido construída entre 1505 e 1508, só atingiu a altura atual um século depois. Foi Boris Godunov, o primeiro czar não-Rurikid, que aumentou a altura da torre e a cobriu com uma cúpula dourada. Com uma altura de 265,7 pés (81 metros), o campanário Ivan, o Grande, era o edifício mais alto da Rússia moscovita.

Outras adições que aprimoram o Kremlin

Quando a reconstrução do Kremlin foi concluída, esforços foram feitos para separar a cidadela do resto da cidade. Por exemplo, nenhuma estrutura foi autorizada a ser construída nas imediações do Kremlin. Além disso, um fosso de 30 metros de largura foi cavado ao redor da cidadela, a fim de separá-la da vizinha Kitay-gorod (também conhecida como Grande Possad), a cidade mercante murada da cidade.

Vista de parte do fosso construído ao redor do Kremlin. (Ludvig14 / CC BY-SA 3.0 )

Novas estruturas, no entanto, foram adicionadas dentro das paredes do Kremlin por sucessivos governantes moscovitas. Por exemplo, durante os 17 º século, depois que os Romanov chegaram ao poder, o Portão Armorial, o Palácio Terem e o Palácio de Diversões foram construídos. O primeiro não existe mais, o segundo serviu como residência dos czares, enquanto o terceiro foi construído para Ilya Miloslavsky, o sogro de Alexei, o segundo czar da dinastia Romanov.

Um dos filhos de Alexei foi Pedro, também conhecido como Pedro, o Grande, que se tornou o único governante da Rússia em 1696. Pedro é mais conhecido por sua modernização da Rússia, e uma das coisas que ele fez para conseguir isso foi estabelecer um porto em o Mar Báltico, que permitiu à Rússia conduzir o comércio com o Ocidente.

Assim, em 1703, durante a Grande Guerra do Norte, a cidade de São Petersburgo foi fundada. Inicialmente, a cidade existia apenas como uma fortaleza (a Fortaleza de Pedro e Paulo) nos pântanos de uma ilha (Ilha Zayachy) perto da foz do Rio Neva. Em 1713, no entanto, a corte de Pedro mudou-se para São Petersburgo.

Nos dois séculos que se seguiram, São Petersburgo serviu como capital da Rússia (embora tenha retornado a Moscou brevemente durante o reinado de Pedro II, neto de Pedro o Grande). Moscou só recuperou seu status de capital da Rússia em 1917, quando os bolcheviques tomaram o poder.

Como consequência da perda de Moscou de seu status de capital russa, o Kremlin caiu no esquecimento. No entanto, ainda manteve sua importância simbólica, pois os imperadores da Rússia continuaram a ser coroados lá. Além disso, de tempos em tempos, trabalhos de construção eram executados no Kremlin.

Durante o reinado de / history-famous-people / catherine-great-0013634Catherine the Great, por exemplo, o Senado do Kremlin foi construído. Como outro exemplo, o Grande Palácio do Kremlin foi construído no século 19, durante o reinado de Nicolau I. Enquanto novos edifícios foram adicionados, os antigos também foram removidos durante este período.

Senado do Kremlin. (Kremlin.ru / CC BY-SA 3.0 )

O Grande Palácio do Kremlin, por exemplo, costumava ser o Palácio de Inverno, uma estrutura barroca construída durante a década de 1750 de acordo com o projeto de Francesco Bartolomeo Rastrelli, um arquiteto italiano. O palácio e a vizinha Igreja de São João, o Precursor, foram demolidos para a construção do Grande Palácio do Kremlin.

Quando os franceses foram forçados a recuar de Moscou, Napoleão ordenou que todo o Kremlin fosse destruído. Embora vários edifícios tenham sido destruídos ou danificados, o Kremlin foi poupado da destruição completa, pois alguns dos fusíveis foram danificados pela chuva.

Após a Revolução Russa em 1917, a monarquia foi abolida. O Império Russo chegou ao fim e foi substituído pela Rússia Soviética. Em 1918, o governo soviético transferiu a capital de São Petersburgo (rebatizada como Petrogrado) de volta para Moscou, dando ao Kremlin uma nova vida.

O líder soviético Lenin escolheu o Senado do Kremlin como sua residência e seu quarto foi preservado como um museu. Seu sucessor, Stalin, também tinha seus aposentos pessoais no Kremlin. Nessa época, os símbolos do antigo regime czarista foram removidos do Kremlin e substituídos pelos soviéticos.

Por exemplo, as águias imperiais russas nas torres foram substituídas por estrelas soviéticas. O Kremlin se tornou sinônimo de governo da União Soviética e permaneceu como tal até seu colapso em 1991.

Como seus predecessores, os soviéticos acrescentaram vários edifícios ao Kremlin, embora muito menos do que eles. Isso inclui a Escola de Comandantes Vermelhos (também conhecida como Presidium do Kremlin) e o Palácio dos Congressos.

O Kremlin sobreviveu ao Império Russo e à União Soviética, pois continua a servir como sede do governo do estado russo. Além de ser o centro administrativo da Rússia, o Kremlin também foi transformado em um centro turístico. Alguns dos edifícios do Kremlin foram transformados em museus.

O Arsenal do Kremlin, por exemplo, costumava ser o arsenal real. Hoje, ele abriga uma grande coleção de artefatos da Rússia e do exterior, incluindo a Coroa Imperial da Rússia, o trono de marfim de Ivan, o Terrível, e armas e armaduras da Pérsia.

Kremlin Armory. (Kremlin.ru / CC BY-SA 4.0 )

Além disso, os serviços religiosos são realizados nas catedrais do Kremlin mais uma vez. Por último, o Kremlin foi inscrito como Patrimônio Mundial da UNESCO em 1990.


O Kremlin e sua história

O Kremlin é um dos exemplos mais importantes da arquitetura russa e a maior fortaleza da Europa ainda em uso regular. Além de suas torres e paredes, o Kremlin é um belo conjunto arquitetônico: suas paredes ocultam magníficas catedrais e palácios de diferentes épocas, bem como a Câmara de Arsenais Russa: Oruzheynaya palata ou Оружейная палата e o Fundo Diamante Russo: Almazny fond ou Алмазный фонд, todos museus extremamente interessantes. Hoje, o Kremlin é o principal complexo histórico e cultural da cidade e a residência oficial do Presidente da Rússia.

Na verdade, o Kremlin de Moscou está localizado na colina Borovitsky, uma das sete colinas de Moscou, na margem esquerda alta do rio Moskva russo: Moskva-reka ou Москва-река. Seu exterior atual é antigo, mas não é o estado original. Visto em uma vista aérea, o Kremlin é um triângulo irregular. Tem vista para o rio Moskva ao sul, o Jardim Alexandre Russo: Aleksandrovskiy sad ou Александровский сад ao noroeste e a Praça Vermelha ao leste. Durante anos, o complexo foi crescendo a cada vez que era reconstruído até atingir seu tamanho atual no século 15, durante o reinado de Ivan III, o Grande, ele acabou com o domínio da Horda de Ouro sobre os Rus '. Imagine: a área da primeira fortaleza conhecida neste local era de apenas 3 hectares, enquanto atualmente a área do Kremlin ocupa mais de 27 hectares, e sua parede defensiva tem 2.235 metros de comprimento! Só para comparar: a área da Torre de Londres com suas Liberdades é de apenas 7 hectares.


Uma breve história de Moscou

Legion-Media

Moscou nem sempre foi a capital da Rússia. Quando foi mencionada pela primeira vez nos registros históricos por volta de 1147, não era nada mais do que uma pequena cidade de pouca importância. Os moscovitas hoje consideram o príncipe Yury Dolgoruky o pai fundador de sua cidade, mas só foi registrado que ele jantou com amigos na cidade de "Moskov", em homenagem ao rio local Moscou. Não está claro exatamente quando esta cidade foi estabelecida, mas na época de Dolgoruky ela era governada por um nobre chamado Kuchka, que desentendeu-se com o príncipe por causa de impostos e foi condenado à morte.

Uma pequena fortaleza foi construída na colina Borovitsky pelo filho de Dolgoruky, o príncipe Andrei Bogolyubsky. Foi a primeira de uma longa sucessão de estruturas que eventualmente se tornaram o Kremlin de Moscou. Moscou continuou sendo uma cidade pequena, enquanto a cidade vizinha de Vladimir ganhou destaque e ultrapassou Kiev, a antiga capital, em importância. A sorte de Moscou mudaria apenas mais tarde.

A localização de Moscou nas margens do rio Moscou era importante, pois o rio conectava os rios Oka e Volga. Sua importante posição estratégica e rápido crescimento populacional resultaram em Daniil Alexandrovich se tornando o primeiro príncipe de Moscou do recém-fundado estado de Moscóvia. Ele fundou uma dinastia local que governou primeiro o principado de Moscou e depois toda a Rússia. Ele foi o antepassado de todos os grão-duques de Moscou.

Desde o início do século 14, Moscou competia com a cidade vizinha de Tver por poder e influência. Em 1327, Tver foi invadida pelo príncipe Ivan Kalita de Moscou e por tropas mongóis, e a cidade não conseguiu se recuperar dessa derrota. Kalita também fez de Moscou um novo centro religioso, atraindo o metropolitano (a maior autoridade religiosa na época) para longe de Vladimir. Durante o reinado do Príncipe Dmitry Donskoy, o Kremlin foi reconstruído com pedra branca e a primeira vitória contra os mongóis foi ganha (a Batalha de Kulikovo, em 1380).

Legion-Media

No final do século 15, sob Ivan III (também conhecido como Ivan, o Grande), a maioria das terras russas estavam unidas em torno de Moscou. No século 16, Ivan IV, ou Ivan, o Terrível, proclamou-se o “czar” (da palavra latina “césar”) de Moscou e de toda a Rússia. Durante o chamado “Tempo das Perturbações”, Moscou foi ocupada pela Comunidade Polonesa-Lituana. Após o fim da ocupação, o Zemsky Sobor (Grande Assembleia Nacional) elegeu um novo czar: Mikhail Romanov. Uma nova dinastia nasceu.

Em 1712-14, Pedro, o Grande, mudou a capital para a recém-criada São Petersburgo, no norte. No entanto, Moscou foi onde os imperadores russos continuaram a ser coroados, de modo que a cidade não perdeu completamente o status de capital. Muitos aristocratas russos moraram em Moscou e em São Petersburgo. Foi Moscou que Napoleão tentou (mas não conseguiu) capturar em 1812, em parte porque os moscovitas queimaram grande parte da cidade antes de deixá-la para as tropas francesas.

Após a Revolução de outubro de 1917, os bolcheviques decidiram transferir a capital de volta para Moscou e, em 1918, Moscou se tornou a capital da União Soviética. Moscou se tornou uma próspera megalópole durante a era soviética e hoje é uma das maiores cidades da Europa. Foi construído o sistema de metrô de Moscou - uma das redes subterrâneas mais eficientes e bonitas do mundo.

Durante a Segunda Guerra Mundial, a cidade tornou-se novamente um importante campo de batalha e um alvo para tropas invasoras. A maioria dos civis foi evacuada da cidade enquanto os soldados soviéticos lutavam contra os nazistas na Batalha de Moscou, de outubro de 1941 a janeiro de 1942. A derrota dos nazistas nessa batalha foi um grande ponto de virada na guerra.

Depois do colapso da União Soviética em 1991, Moscou continuou a servir como capital, desta vez de uma nova entidade, a Federação Russa. Hoje Moscou é uma cidade extremamente diversa, onde bairros antigos são intercalados com arranha-céus recém-construídos, habitados por pessoas de toda a ex-União Soviética.


Quando foi construído o Kremlin de Moscou

A história do Kremlin está intimamente ligada à fundação e ao desenvolvimento de Moscou. Hoje é impossível responder com precisão quem construiu o Kremlin, já que sua aparência mudou repetidamente ao longo de vários séculos. As primeiras paredes de madeira foram erguidas sob Yuri Dolgoruky, o fundador da cidade. Paredes e torres de carvalho mais fortes foram construídas sob Ivan Kalita.

O Kremlin adquiriu sua aparência atual no final do século 15, quando o estado de Moscou se libertou do jugo da Horda de Ouro. Pois os mestres da construção da Itália foram convidados, então o Kremlin moderno parece mais um belo castelo do que a fortaleza sombria da era feudal.


10 kremlins russos que você precisa visitar pelo menos uma vez

Você sempre pensou que Kremlin é o nome daquele castelo de tijolos vermelhos em Moscou - bem, é, mas também é um termo russo geral para uma cidadela na Rússia medieval. Na verdade, havia mais de 400 kremlins na Rússia medieval, mas apenas cerca de 20 deles foram preservados. Aqui estão as dez fortalezas russas mais emocionantes.

1. Veliky Novgorod: The 'Children & rsquos' kremlin

Sob o reinado do czar Ivan IV & ldquothe Terrible & rdquo, Veliky Novgorod (330 milhas ao norte de Moscou) envolveu-se em discórdia política. Depois de receber uma denúncia de que Novgorod estava planejando cortar os laços com a Moscóvia, Ivan IV sitiou a cidade rebelde e a sujeitou a uma repressão brutal. Diz a lenda que a carnificina só parou quando um pombo, tendo voado por muitos mares, pousou na cruz no topo da Catedral de Santa Sofia e, tendo testemunhado a violência abaixo, se transformou em pedra.

A lenda supostamente tem suas raízes no costume bizantino de coroar cruzes de igrejas com pombos de ferro, já que o Império Bizantino teve um impacto profundo e duradouro na jovem Rus Moscóvia. Aliás, a avó de Ivan IV era Sophia Paleolog, que veio da última dinastia de imperadores bizantinos.

Antes do século 14, era chamado de Detinets, ou & ldquofortress & rdquo, e acomodava os homens de armas do príncipe & rsquos que eram chamados de & ldquoyoungsters & rdquo ou & ldquochildren. & Rdquo Junto com o Kremlin de Moscou, é listado como patrimônio mundial da UNESCO.

2. O Kremlin de Tula: fortaleza do sul e rival de Moscou

No Tempo das Perturbações, após a morte de Ivan IV, o Tula Kremlin (112 milhas de Moscou) esteve muito perto de substituir o Kremlin de Moscou como residência do czar. Aqui, o Falso Dmitry I, que afirmava ser o filho mais novo sobrevivente de Ivan IV, fez o juramento de lealdade dos boiardos e da nobreza russos.

O Kremlin de Tula foi erguido por arquitetos italianos que vieram para Tula, após a conclusão do Kremlin de Moscou. Os historiadores dizem que a cidadela foi construída por várias equipes diferentes, explicando as aparentes discrepâncias entre suas paredes.

3. Zaraysk: O menor kremlin

O Zaraysk Kremlin (93 milhas de Moscou), foi uma das poucas fortalezas que permaneceram leais ao trono de Moscou na Época das Perturbações (1598-1613). Era a menor cidadela de pedra da Rússia Moscóvia. De Zaraysk, o príncipe Dmitry Pozharsky partiu com seu exército voluntário na primeira tentativa de resgatar Moscou da ocupação polonesa.

Embora o kremlin seja de tamanho modesto, uma passagem inexplorada, que se acredita estar conectada a uma rede de masmorras subterrâneas em uma das torres, permaneceu lá. Apesar de muitos cercos, apenas uma vez a cidade foi capturada, por um breve período durante o Tempo das Perturbações. Talvez a força da cidadela esteja nas catacumbas ainda a serem descobertas.

4. Kolomna: prisão para uma falsa czarina

No seu auge no século 18 e início do 19, o Kolomna Kremlin (75 milhas ao sul de Moscou) foi uma das maiores fortalezas de seu tempo. No entanto, os residentes locais desmontaram a maior parte, reutilizando as paredes envelhecidas como materiais de construção. Apenas um decreto do czar Nicolau I ajudou a preservar o que restava da fortaleza.

O kremlin de Kolomna tinha 17 torres, uma das quais foi nomeada em homenagem a Marina Mniszech, esposa do Falso Dmitry I, que teria sido encarcerada na mesma torre em que morreu posteriormente. Uma das lendas, porém, diz que ela não morreu, mas se transformou em uma pega e voou para fora da janela. Como resultado, foi chamada de torre Marina & rsquos.

Há mais uma lenda, no entanto, ligando o nome da torre a uma freira local que foi acusada de ser lésbica e que foi posteriormente colocada na parede da torre para proteger outras freiras desta tentação & lsquomorbid & rsquo.

5. Tobolsk: exílio siberiano

Tobolsk (2.400 milhas a leste de Moscou) é o lar da fortaleza de pedra da Sibéria e rsquos. O kremlin contém uma torre sineira construída especialmente como local de & ldquoexile & rdquo para o sino que soou o alarme na cidade de Uglich (145 milhas ao norte de Moscou) após o assassinato do Príncipe Dmitry, o filho real de Ivan, o Terrível. Por ordem do Príncipe Shuisky, o próprio sino foi submetido a uma execução formal, da mesma forma que o processo foi aplicado a humanos: seu badalo (& lsquotongue & rsquo em russo) e canhões (& lsquothe orelha do sino 'em russo) foram removidos, e o o próprio sino foi exilado na Sibéria.

6. Kazan: Uma atração para caçadores de tesouros

O Kremlin de Kazan (500 milhas a leste de Moscou) é uma atração de dar água na boca para os caçadores de tesouros, pois era a residência dos Khans tártaros que coletavam butim de outros principados russos.

Um de seus principais marcos é a torre de vigia Syuyumbike inclinada. Segundo a lenda, a beleza estonteante da rainha tártara Syuyumbike conquistou o coração do governante mais brutal da Moscóvia, Ivan, o Terrível. O czar russo ofereceu sua mão a Syuyumbike, mas a orgulhosa rainha recusou. Ivan IV ficou furioso e atacou Kazan com seu exército. Syuyumbike não tinha mais nada a fazer a não ser aceitar, ou então fingir aquiescência. Para seu presente de casamento, ela pediu a seu implacável noivo & eacute que construísse uma torre em sete dias, então começou a se jogar do topo da torre durante a festa de casamento.

O local também é um patrimônio mundial da UNESCO.

7. Pskov: Um sinal do céu

Pskov (450 milhas a oeste de Moscou) era a terra natal da princesa Olga, conhecida como a primeira classe dominante da Rússia a abraçar o cristianismo, mesmo antes do batismo em grande escala da Rússia. A própria Olga iniciou a construção do kremlin de Pskov.

No centro da fortaleza ergue-se uma igreja que, segundo a lenda, foi encomendada por Olga depois de ela ter visto três raios de luz vindos do céu e convergindo para um promontório rochoso onde dois rios se cruzavam. Após esta visão divina, a princesa deu ordens para construir a Igreja da Trindade e a cidadela.

8. Nizhny Novgorod: uma fortaleza feminina

A cidadela de pedra de Nizhny Novgorod (260 milhas a leste de Moscou) foi construída no século XVI. A fortaleza lembra um colar de pedra espalhado nas encostas da Colina Chasovaya (Sentinela). Segundo uma lenda, em 1520, os tártaros planejaram atacar Nizhny Novgorod, mas seus planos foram frustrados por uma mulher local que saiu da fortaleza com dois baldes em uma canga de ombro para buscar um pouco de água. Empunhando este jugo, ela golpeou até a morte 10 batedores inimigos que por acaso estavam perto das paredes, que estavam examinando o terreno antes de um ataque massivo. Os tártaros ouviram os sobreviventes com admiração: Se as mulheres desta cidade eram lutadoras tão ferozes, o que poderiam esperar de seus homens? Eles pensaram melhor em seus planos e recuaram.

No início do século 17, Nizhny Novgorod se tornou o bastião da resistência à invasão polonesa. Um exército voluntário liderado por Kuzma Minin e o Príncipe Pozharsky marchou de seus portões, expulsando as tropas polonesas durante o Tempo das Perturbações e ajudando a manter Moscóvia no mapa.

9. Astrakhan: Torre sineira inclinada corrigida

A fortaleza de Astrakhan é onde Ivan, o Terrível, tomou posse da cidade capturada de Astrakhan, na costa do Mar Cáspio. No século 19, este kremlin ostentava uma das torres inclinadas da Rússia e rsquos, a Torre do Sino Varvatsiev. Fotógrafos práticos de Astrakhan até começaram a imprimir suas fotos com a inscrição & ldquoA torre do sino inclinada da Catedral de Astrakhan. & Rdquo Por fim, as considerações de segurança prevaleceram sobre as perspectivas do turismo e, em 1910, a torre foi demolida e substituída por uma estrutura devidamente vertical, embora menos elegante .

10. Moscou: Residência do presidente russo

Nossa lista estaria incompleta sem o Kremlin mais reconhecível de todos, construído em 1482 para substituir uma fortaleza medieval de tijolos brancos. Sua característica mais proeminente é a Torre Spasskaya, que abriga o icônico relógio do Kremlin. Uma vez por ano, quando a torre do sino bate às 12 horas, toda a Rússia brilha taças de champanhe para inaugurar o Ano Novo.

Hoje, o Kremlin é a residência do presidente russo. O Sino do Czar, o Canhão do Czar, a Torre Taynitskaya (Segredo) e a Câmara de Arsenais dentro de suas paredes são pontos turísticos populares para os turistas. O conjunto do Kremlin de Moscou também é um patrimônio mundial da UNESCO.

Se usar qualquer conteúdo do Russia Beyond, parcial ou totalmente, sempre forneça um hiperlink ativo para o material original.


O Kremlin de Moscou - Fortaleza icônica da Rússia - História

Ao longo do perímetro das paredes, entre as torres das esquinas, encontram-se algumas torres retangulares com os portões.

As paredes cobertas por ameias (merlões) que se assemelham à cauda de uma andorinha têm de 5 a 19 metros de altura. A altura das torres, que tiveram tendas de madeira acrescentadas a elas no século XVII. Com estrelas a coroar, varia de 28 a 71 metros. Torres com tendas de madeira serviam como postos de observação. Sinais de alarme e sinos de relógio foram montados em alguns deles. As paredes da fortaleza foram cobertas com telhado de vãos de madeira.

No sopé da colina Borovitsky está a torre do portão Borovitsky (ou João Batista) construída em 1490 por Pietro Antonio Solario. Uma ponte ia da torre até a margem do rio Neglinnaya. Em 1658, era chamada de Torre de João Batista, em homenagem à igreja, que ficava ao lado dela. Em 1488, onde os rios Neglinnaya e Moscou se encontram, foi erguida uma torre redonda que foi chamada de Torre Sviblov em homenagem ao boyar Sviblov. Uma bomba d'água que abastecia o Kremlin foi instalada lá em 1633, e daí em diante passou a ser chamada de Torre de Água. Ao longo das paredes agora virando para o leste e de frente para o rio Moscou estão a Torre da Anunciação, a Torre Tainitsky, a primeira e a segunda torres sem nome e a Torre Petrovsky erguida de 1488 a 1490. Em 1487, no canto sudeste do Kremlin, um A torre redonda de Beklemishev (rio Moskva) foi construída em homenagem a boyar Beklemishev. Ao lado está a Torre dos Santos. Constantine e Helen (ou Torre de Timofeyev). Em 1380, os regimentos de Dmitry Donskoy passaram pelo portão da torre que estava lá antes, a caminho do Campo de Kulikovo. Na primeira metade do século XVII, o tribunal czarista realizou aí as suas investigações e a torre foi transformada em prisão. As pessoas a chamavam de Torture Tower . A Torre Nabatny (Alarme) domina a Encosta Vasilyevsky em frente à Catedral de São Basílio.

O símbolo do Kremlin é a esguia torre do portal Spassky (Salvador) de dez andares, nomeada em homenagem aos ícones de nosso Salvador de Smolensk e o Vernicle. Em 1991, foi marcado o quincentenário da torre. No centro da parte sudeste da parede do Kremlin, pode-se ver a Torre do Senado com o Mausoléu na Praça Vermelha. Em seguida, segue a Torre de São Nicolau e, em frente ao Museu Histórico, há a esquina da Torre do Arsenal (Sobakin), onde um poço foi cavado para uso durante os cercos. Em seguida, pode-se ver a Torre do Arsenal Médio e a Torre da Trindade, que está conectada à Torre de Kutafya por uma ponte de pedra. The Commandant s and Armoury Towers are situated to the south of the Trinity Tower.

The Kremlin walls and towers were built by Russian masons under the supervision of Italian engineers and architects whose names have been retained in the descendants memory. They were Marco Friazin (Marco Ruffo), Pietro Antonio Solario, a hereditary architect who took part in the construction of the Milan Cathedral, and Antonio and Alevisio Friazins. Foreigners left very interesting notes about Russia. Venetian Ambassador Ambrosio Contarini was one of the first to write about the Italians working in the Kremlin in his diary of travels in 1476. He wrote about The Master Aristotle from Bologna who was building a church in the square and about the Kremlin castle s topography.

The talented Russian architect and sculptor Vassily Dmitriyevich Yermolin worked in the Kremlin in the second half of the 15 th century. He restored the dilapidated parts of the white-stone wall of the time of Dmitry Donoskoy between the Sviblov and Borovitsky Tower. While reconstructing the St. Frol (Spassky) Tower he chiseled two White-stone sculptures. One of them representing St. George (Moscow s emblem) was mounted on the outside of the entrance gate in 1464. The monument has survived and is now being restored.

In 1508-1516, under Prince Vassily III, a moat (Alevisio s moat) was dug out along the east walls with the aim of strengthening the Kremlin s defenses on the side of Red Square where the settlements was situated. It was designed by Alevisio Friazin and was 32m wide and 12m deep. The moat was filled with water and connected the Moscow River (on the south) and the Neglinnaya River (on the south-west). The Kremlin became an island fortress reliably protected on the sides of all the gates (the moat was not evened until 1801). Wooden draw-bridges (replaced by the stone ones in the 17 th century) ran over the moat towards the Spassky and St. Nicholas Gates. Trade was done on the bridges in those days.

Despite the fact that the Kremlin was a fortress and in some details resembled a medieval castle, it retained a traditional spatial composition and layout typical of an Early Russian town center. In the course of excavations, ancient roadways, basements of wooden structures, and churches with necropolises around them were discovered in the Kremlin.

The Kremlin citadel s military defenses were being constantly improved. Their protective qualities were enhanced and their architecture changed along with the development of the siege technique. Ball-firing guns became the main means of destroying fortresses and they almost completely replaced early missile weapons. The distance between the towers was determined by the weapon range. The towers were built closer to each other on the most vulnerable south side of the fortress.

In the 17 th century guns were positioned on the Kremlin towers and walls, supplies of gunpowder and arms were kept in the cellars. Strelets units guarded the gateways.

In the 1620s, a large-scale construction was resumed in the Kremlin as testified by Russian chroniclers. In the period between 1624 and 1685 tiled tent-shaped tops were added to all the towers except the St. Nicholas Tower, which made the severe image of the Kremlin fortress more picturesque. According to the famous historian I.F. Zabelin, the building of the upper tent-shaped section of the towers did not strengthen the Kremlin s defense but gave it some other, eternal, strength and expressed the poetry and spirit of the old pre-petrin Rus . In the 1650s, a double-headed eagle (Russia s state emblem) was mounted on the Spassky Tower and later on the other tallest towers of the Kremlin (St. Nicholas, Trinity and Borovitsky). The Kremlin s importance purely as a fortress was gradually lost.

Moscow and the Kremlin suffered innumerable losses in the war with France (1812): The Water Tower, the first Nameless and the Petrovsky Tower lay in ruins, half of the Borovitsky Tower s tent-shaped top had fallen down. The Nikolsky Tower was almost completely destroyed and the corner Arsenal Tower and the Kremlin walls were also damaged. The repair and restoration work was conducted under the supervision of O.L.Bovet in 1817 to 1822. At that time, the Alevisio s moat was filled in. The repair and restoration work was continued in the post-revolutionary period.

Since the 1970s the latest technological achievements and scientific recommendations have been applied involving many research, design, restoration and construction organizations in this work. Preventive measures have been taken to preserve the Kremlin s unique architectural monuments- ancient constructions were given anti-corrosion coating.

Thr Kremlin s tower clock has always been a center of attention. It was installed here for the first time in Rus in 1404. According to written sources clocks were only installed in the Spassky, the Trinity and Tainitsky Towers. In 1624-1625, Russian masters headed by Bazhen Ogurtsov added a stone tent-shaped top to the Spassky Tower. Christopher Halloway, an English clockmaker, was invited by Tsar Mikhail Fyodorovich to install a town clock on the tower for which the tsar presented him with a silver goblet, ten arshines of red satin, forty sables and forty martens .

Practical implementation of this unique work was entrusted to the Russian smiths and the clockmakers Zhdan, his son Shumila and his grandson Alexei Shumilov. The clock design greatly impressed their contemporaries and was mentioned in the notes of foreigners who visited Moskovia in the 17 th century. Baron Meyerberg, the ambassador of the Austrian Emperor Leopold, wrote: There is a clock on the St. Frol Tower next to the palace bridge. It shows the time from sunset to sunrise it is the most splendid clock in Moscow . Most probably, after the great fire of 1701 Peter I ordered the old-fashioned clock to be replaced by a new one equipped with bells and music. Time did not spare it either. The currently operating carillon was installed on the Spassky Tower in 1851-1852. It was made by the Butenop brothers. The total weight of its mechanism is about 25 tons.

The architectural monuments of the Moscow Kremlin belong by right to the highest achievements of human genius. It is a valuable fusion of inspired craftsmanship and technical perfection. Several generations of outstanding masters-architects, sculptors, engineers and painters-took part in the work and left an invaluable heritage to future generations.

Sobornaya (Cathedral) Square is an artistic, historical and layout center of the Kremlin.

The architectural ensemble of Cathedral Square has retained its original medieval aspect in which traditions of early Moscow architecture and local Russian architectural schools are successfully combined with Italian masters achievements.

These monuments surround the Kremlin s main square, which witnessed all the major events in the country s life. In old documents it was called just a square or a courtyard between the cathedrals and the Kremlin Palace . It was here that, according to tradition, the Tsars met foreign ambassadors and ceremonial processions paraded from the Cathedral of the Assumption during coronations and festive sermons. Even the cobblestone of the square was worn out along the road leading from south doors of the Cathedral of the Assumption to the Red Porch of the Kremlin Palace.

The coronation of Mikhail Fyodorvich, which took place at Cathedral Square, is vividly illustrated by miniatures in the 17 th century manuscripts.

It is known that in the 18 th century an iron fence surrounded Cathedral Square. In the middle of the 19 th century, during the construction of the Great Kremlin Palace it was replaced by a cast-iron one, which is no longer there.

Today, as in the old days, the square is Always full of people. Numerous groups of tourists from different cities of our country and other states come to admire the unsurpassable beauty of the architectural masterpieces, which personify Russia s history and culture.
.


The Moscow Kremlin – Iconic Fortress of Russia - History

The Moscow Kremlin is the Russian national sanctuary and a unique creation of world culture. The unquenchable interest in the history of the Kremlin, in its architectural masterpieces and artistic valuables in its possession is quite justifiable: History willed it that a modest Slav settlement in the backwoods of the Vladimir principality grew into a center of north-east Rus and later became the capital of the biggest state in medieval Europe.

The images of art and culture of Old Rus ruled by princes and tsars, of the two centuries old Russian Empire, of the Soviet decades-its past and present days-are to be found in the Moscow Kremlin to the present day.

The Moscow Kremlin stands on the left bank of the Moscow River, where it joins the Neglinnaya River. Geographically, it stands on a high ridge, at a watershed between the two rivers. Its lower bank terrace-podol-is organically linked to the lower part of Kitay-Gorod-Zaryadye.

The area occupied by the Kremlin within the limits of the fortified walls is 27.5 hectares. The Kremlin riverside hill , as it was called in olden days, is 25m high. In all probability this hill took its new name from the pinewoods (Bor), which covered the hill. It is noteworthy that in the explanatory notes to Godunov s draft on the Kremlin the Borovitsky gate were called The High Forest Gate .

The outline of the Kremlin is an irregular triangle. It stretches 676 meters from west to east and 639 meters from north-west to south-east.

The Kremlin was artificially separated from the center of Moscow in the early 16 th century when its fortifications had been built and the Alevisio moat along Red Square had been dug out.

There are quite a few poetic legends and tales rooted in the Kremlin s history. such as a legend about the hermit Bukol whose hut stood in the backwoods on a hill or another one about the famous boyar Kuchka, whose good and red villages caught the fancy of the future founder of Moscow.

The early Kremlin settlement appeared as the center of crafts and trade owing to its extremely advantageous geographic position: it lay at the crossroads of trade routes and waterways meeting at the foot of the hill. The rivers and the encircling forest turned the settlement into a natural fortress. In olden times a Slav tribe of Pagan Vyatichis lived there and Moscow became one of the centers of Christianisation of this woodland area.

In the early period of its history Moscow and the Kremlin are inseparable. According to the chronicles, they came into being in 1147 when Yuri, nicknamed Dolgoruky (long armed), the son of the Kievan prince Vladimir Monomach, invited his ally prince Svyatoslav Olgovich to a feast to Moscow, on his return from a military campaign.

However, as the well-known expert in Slavonic studies, historian and archeologist I.E.Zabelin noted, The Moscow and namely the Kremlin settlement had been founded long before the prince Ryurik s tribe appeared in those parts. This hypothesis was confirmed by archeological excavations at Borovitsky hill. Since olden days people sought to find-hidden treasures and Ivan the Terrible s famous library here. Expeditions organized by the Institute of Archaeology of the USSR Academy of Sciences and the Museum of Moscow s History marked the beginning of purposeful scientific studies, which are now being carried on by the Moscow Kremlin State Museum. With every passing year scientific data on the history of the growth of the Kremlin settlement and the rise of Moscow become more extensive and more reliable.

Borovitsky Hill bears the imprints of various epochs. One of the most interesting archaeological finds is a stone battle axe dating back to the late 3 rd -the middle of the 2 nd millennia B.C. Similar axes are often found in the mounds of the Bronze Age.

At the beginning of the 1 st millennium A.C., a fortified settlement typical of the archaeological culture of the early Iron Age situated here.

The main part of the archaeological collection displayed in one of the Kremlin museums is compiled of artifacts of medieval material culture.

Archaeology, this mysterious mother of history, enables us to get a clear idea of the first wooden town, the life of the first Kremlin settlers, the techniques of major urban crafts, trade ties, fashions and decorations.

The first fortified wooden settlement of the Kremlin mentioned in chronicles dates from 1156. The remnants of its walls are among the most valuable archaeological finds.

The Kremlin wooden buildings often suffered from devastating fires, enemy attacks and natural calamities. Thus, the Kremlin was totally destroyed in the first third of the 13 th century, a tragic period in the history of Rus when the Mongol-Tatar hordes attacked in with fire and sword pillaging and ravaging the Russian lands. For nearly 250 years the Mongol-Tatar yoke wasted the soul of the Russian people who prevented the Tatars from moving to Europe. At that time, Moscow was a sort of suburb of the capital town of Vladimir and the Kremlin, with its court yard, mansions and subsidiary buildings, old churches and necropolis, was a frontier post in the outlying districts of the Vladimir principality. Out of all the towns in the Vladimir land, the Moscow bridgehead was the first one where the nomad hordes delivered a crushing blow. The Kremlin was razed to the ground. It noteworthy that during the Mongol-Tatar campaign against Europe only one out of the six Mongol princes who led the invaders army perished and his blood was spilt on the very approaches to the Kremlin. Owing to our ancestors resources, industry, patience and courage, Moscow and the Kremlin were restored to life as the legendary phoenix raised out of the ashes . These words belong to M.Y. Lermontov who handed down a poetic description of the Kremlin to his descendants.

The treasures buried eight centuries ago and found by archaeologists remind us of the severe ordeals undergone by the Kremlin. Today these treasures are part of the Golden Fund of Early Russian art.

In the 14 th century Moscow appeared in the arena of world history. The town grew and became richer. In 1339, Prince Ivan Kalita enclosed the Kremlin within a new circle of oak walls and transformed it into a formidable fortress. This is one of the glowing descriptions of the contemporaries: the town of Moscow is great and beautiful, there are many people possessing riches and fame here and this is part of the Russian land It was during this period of its history that the Kremlin ( Kremnik meaning fortress ) was first mentioned in Russian chronicles. And the town of the Kremlin was first mentioned in the Voskresensky chronicle in 1331.

It is worth nothing that as distinct from the chroniclers the memorializes of the late 15 th -early 17 th centuries never used the word Kremlin but instead called it the Castle , the Fortress and since the late 16 th century- The Old Town .

The long rule of Ivan III (1462-1505) was divided into two historical periods: in 1462-1480 he joined vast territories of the Great Novgorod, the Rostov Principality and the Dmitrov appendage principality to Moscow. The unification of the Russian lands around Moscow was completed in 1481-1505. The development of an all-Russian statehood and the growth of Russia s international prestige were supported by an official ideology which regarded the Russian state as a legitimate successor to the greatest world empires- Roman and Byzantine, and Moscow as the Third Rome .

The fact that Moscow took the lead of this all-Russian process of unifying separate principalities into an integral centralized state could not but improve its appearance. More and more often written sources mention stone-built dwelling houses in the Moscow Kremlin. From the 1360s to 1420s alone, Moscow masons built 15 stone buildings.

The Kremlin s increasing national importance also influenced the development of its architectural tradition. Herein lies the basis of the formation of the Kremlin architectural ensemble. The foundations of the state and administrative center were laid. White-stone walls were built under Dmitry Donskoy in 1367-1368 and provided reliable protection for it.

These walls were the first stone fortifications in Vladimir-Suzdal Rus, a real step in the development of the Moscow school of architecture. The fortress successfully withstood both sieges of Lithuanian Prince Olgerd s armies in 1368 and 1370. The Russian forces were headed by Moscow. The Kremlin stronghold secured its rear and enabled them to attack the Golden Horde and gain a glorious victory at the Kulikovo Field in 1380, thus saving Rus from national humiliation.

In the process of restoring the walls and towers specifically cut white-stone quad roes were found but it did not seem possible to study the constructive peculiarities of early masonry.

Unfortunately, we know nothing about the architecture of walls and towers in the days of Dmitry Donskoy. The historian V.L. Snegirev concluded that their style was similar to that of Byzantine. Five towers out of eight or nine were gate-towers three of them faced Red Square. White stone mined near the village of Myachkovo in the vicinity of Moscow served as the building material.

Not far from Dmitry Donskoy s golden-roofed palace stood the Cathedral of the Savior of Transfiguration in the forest built by Ivan Kalita back in 1330. Later, a monastery was set up here. The Spassky (Saviour s) Cathedral became a burial place for the grand Princesses. Other monasteries began to appear, among them the Chudov (Miracles) monastery founded in 1358 and the Voznesensky (Ascension) convent, founded in 1386. A stone Cathedral of the Miracle of the Archangel Michael was erected in 1365. Although the first monuments of the early Moscow stone architecture were closely tied in with the Vladimir-Suzdal architectural tradition, they were not a direct continuation of it. A type of small single-domed churches with a cross on top decorated with Kokoshnik-shaped Ogee gables and carved friezes on the facades, which took shape on the basis of the Vladimir model, underlay the further development of Moscow architecture. The overland parts of those buildings have not survived. Therefore it is all the more important to study their basements (Podklets), various archaeological finds and written sources.

The best Russian and Greek painters (among them the famous painter Theophanus the Greek) took part in painting and decorating the first Moscow churches. Icon stands which represent a specifically Russian form of church interior decoration appeared in the cathedrals of the late 14 th and early 15 th centuries. Those were the years when the famous Russian painter Andrei Rublev lived and worked.

That period is considered to be the greatest historical landmark in the establishment of the Russian national art and culture when local architectural schools merged into a unified national school of architecture.

Prince Ivan III completed the unification of the independent Russian principalities into an integral centralized state started by his predecessor Ivan Kalita, and took the title of the sovereign of all Russia . Economic and political conditions were provided for large-scale construction work in the Kremlin, the residence of the grand princes.

Material and artistic culture of early Moscow was characterized by the fact that it seemed to have absorbed all the best that had been created in the rest of Russia. As far as the Kremlin was concerned, it became the treasure house of all national relics and family treasures of the grand princes and tsars handed down from one generation to another. Valuable articles for the state depository were either purchased or received as presents of foreign states envoys.

Originally, the Russian state s countless riches were kept in the cellars of the Cathedral of the Annunciation and other Kremlin churches. Later, in 1484-85 a stone building was erected specially for this purpose between the Archangel Cathedral and the Cathedral of the Annunciation.

Armoury, now one of the main Kremlin sights and a museum of world importance, was first mentioned by the Short Chronicles in 1537. It became the Russian treasure-house as shown by testaments left by Ivan the Terrible and other dynasts.

The new extensive reconstruction of the Kremlin was started in 1485 with the erection of the Tainitsky Tower, which was the first of the future complex of fortifications. The Kremlin s special role in the defense of the state, its engineering and technical solution and architectural-artistic merits determined the historical importance of these fortifications. The Kremlin fortress built anew from red brick retained the peculiarities of the layout of the Old-Russian detinets (fortress) and the form of an irregular triangle with the walls total length of 2,235 meters. There are 18 built-in towers and one detached tower-Kutafya-, which stand at the entrance to the Troitsky Bridge over the Neglinnaya River. A small tower called the Tsar s Tower was added to the wall.

Clique aqui to continue!
.


History of Moscow Kremlin

Moscow was founded by Prince Yuri Dolgoruky as the fortress intended for protection of the western borders of Suzdal principality. The new fort was surrounded by wooden walls, which laid the foundation of the Kremlin. In 1156, on Borovitsky Hill the fortress with eight-meter earth wall and powerful for the time 3-m tall and 1,200-m thick wooden wall was erected. It lasted like that until the winter of 1237-1238 when hordes of Batu Khan plundered and burned Moscow and the Kremlin.

In 1339-1340 under Ivan Kalita strong fortifications followed by the Grand Duke's mansion, Metropolitan Chamber and white stone cathedrals were constructed. Moscow was becoming the political and spiritual center of Russia, and the Kremlin - the seat of the great princes and metropolitans (Kremlin became the official residence of the tsars in 1547 when the Grand Prince of Moscow Ivan IV the Terrible became the tsar).

In 1367-1368 Prince Dmitry Donskoy fearing another Mongol-Tatar invasion built white-stone walls and towers around the fort. They were located at a distance of 60 m from the old oak fortifications. It was then that the name &ldquowhite stoned Moscow&rdquo was coined. The area of the Kremlin reached its present-day size.

In the end of the 15th century, by the order of Grand Duke Ivan III, the construction of new Kremlin was started. In 1485-1495 the famous 2-km long and 5-19-m toothed brick walls were erected. At the same the famous Kremlin towers, the Cathedral of the Assumption (1475-1479), the Annunciation Cathedral (1484-1489), the Emperor's Palace with the Palace of Facets (1487-1491), the Archangel Cathedral (1505) were being built. The work lasted for 14 years after which due to the efforts of Russian and Italian architects the mighty fortress, the unique structure of that time appeared. From 1475 to 1508 the architectural complex of the Kremlin was completed. The Moscow Kremlin became one of the most important fortresses in Europe. Moreover, its towers, churches and other buildings were perfect not only in terms of its architecture but also the interiors and decoration. In the 17th century the Kremlin towers (except Nikolskaya) were decorated with multi-tiered hipped roofs in the traditions of old Russian architecture. Bright-green tiles, the white-stone facets, gilded weathervanes created the impression of conviviality and smartness. The civil and religious buildings such as the Terem Palace (1635-1635), the Amusement Palace (1651-1652), the Patriarch's Palace and the Twelve Apostles Church (1642-1656) were built. The Kremlin also had underground tunnels and hiding places, which served to shelter people in case of danger or for the access to water sources. Special underground galleries were intended to fight off the enemies trying to penetrate the fortress by means of underground tunnels.

In the 17th century the Kremlin lost its military significance since the boundaries of the state moved away from Moscow. Cannons and the rest of the arsenal were removed and the towers were left for decorative purposes.

In the 18th century the ancient Kremlin began to change its patriarchal look. Thus, in place the Tsar&rsquos yard (15th century the new Winter Palace grew. In 1810, by the decree of Alexander I the museum was built, known as the Moscow Armory. In 1838-1851 the new palace complex was erected in the Kremlin. It included the Great Kremlin Palace, built on the site of the Winter Palace, the building of Apartments and a new, more solemn building of the Moscow Armory. The new buildings formed the ensemble of the square, known as the Palace, or Imperial Square.

In March 1918 the first Soviet Government moved into the Kremlin and was closed to public. In 1929 the ancient Chudov and Ascension monasteries were demolished and the military school was built.

From 1955 the Kremlin was again made available for public. In 1961, at the Troitsky Gate, on the place of the first the first Armory, the Palace of Congresses (today - the State Kremlin Palace) was constructed. This was the last major building in the Kremlin.

In 1991 the State History and Culture Museum-Reserve Moscow Kremlin was established.


A Short History of Kazan

Legion-Media

Kazan is one of Russia’s most vibrant and multicultural cities, if you’re lucky enough to visit during the World Cup, you certainly won’t be disappointed.

Kazan officially celebrated its millennium anniversary in 2005, although it remains unclear exactly when the city at the confluence of two rivers, the Volga and the Kazanka, was founded. There’s evidence that by the 11th century there was a fortress there, defending the northeastern borders of Volga Bulgaria, a historic Bulgar state. However, a Mongol invasion headed by Batu Khan almost annihilated Volga Bulgaria in 1236.

The etymology of the city’s name has perplexed researchers. Though obviously connected with the name of the river Kazanka, it has also been linked to the word “kazan,” which means cauldron. There’s a popular theory that the city is built on a hill that resembles a cauldron.

Despite the constant insurgencies, Volga Bulgaria was incorporated into the Golden Horde Mongol khanate. After its capital, Bulgar, was all but destroyed in a Mongol raid in 1361, Kazan rose to prominence as the new regional center. Enjoying proximity to several trade routes, it quickly expanded into a proper city. When the Golden Horde collapsed, an independent Kazan Khanate was established in 1438.

The Kazan Khanate had an uneasy relationship with its western neighbor, Muscovy. Several wars were fought before Ivan the Terrible’s campaign in the early 1550s put an end to the Kazan Khanate. The island city of Sviyazhsk was founded by Ivan the Terrible in 1551 as the launching ground for his troops against Kazan.

Legion-Media

In 1552 his troops successfully sieged Kazan. Much of the city was destroyed by the Russian troops, and surviving Tatars were forced to settle beyond the city walls on the shores of Lake Kaban, in what later became known as the Old Tatar Quarter (Staro-Tatarskaya Sloboda).

Some of Kazan’s most famous landmarks were built after the city was taken by Ivan the Terrible, including the new Kremlin walls, as well as Annunciation Cathedral inside the fortress. One of the architects was Postnik Yakovlev, the man behind the Saint Basil’s Cathedral on Moscow’s Red Square — a church that, ironically, celebrates the victory over Kazan.

There’s a legend about the Suyumbike Tower — the most prominent structure within Kazan’s Kremlin. Suyumbike was reportedly the niece of Kazan’s khan, and Ivan the Terrible wanted to marry her. Suyumbike agreed, but only if the tsar would build the highest tower in the city. When it was completed, she climbed the stairs and threw herself off the top. Many historians dispute this and claim that the tower was built in the 17th century.

All the mosques in the city were destroyed and there was a policy of forced conversion to Christianity, but this changed in the latter half of the 18th century, when Catherine the Great once again allowed mosques to be built. In 1804 Alexander I founded Kazan University, the third institution of higher education in the country. Notable students include Leo Tolstoy and Vladimir Lenin.

Legion-Media

After the October Revolution, the Tatars got the chance to have their own political entity once again. The Tatar Autonomous Soviet Socialist Republic was established in 1920. Although officially part of the RSFSR, Tatarstan enjoyed certain freedoms, including official status for the Tatar language, and the preservation of its unique local culture. In the 1940s, several large oil wells were discovered in Tatarstan and oil production remains the major source of income for the region.

In 1992, after the collapse of the Soviet Union, the region was renamed the Republic of Tatarstan and is one of the few Russian regions that elects its own president. In 2009 Kazan was allowed to officially brand itself as the “third capital” of Russia.

Thanks to its oil deposits, Tatarstan is one of the richest and most economically developed Russian regions, powering ahead of even its closest neighbors. Tatarstan has recently ventured into the realm of innovative economy by building Innopolis, dubbed “a Russian Silicon valley,” in the suburbs of Kazan. As of the end of 2016, the new “city” features a school, kindergarten, university, sports and medical center, supermarket and multi-story apartment blocks.


The Kitay-gorod

The Kitay-gorod is a historic quarter of Moscow and a major tourist site. Within the Kitay-gorod, along the east wall of the Kremlin, lies Red Square, the ceremonial centre of the capital and the scene of holiday parades. The modest Lenin Mausoleum blends into the wall, which itself contains the graves of most of the U.S.S.R.’s leadership. At the southern end of Red Square is the Church of the Intercession, better known as the Cathedral of St. Basil the Blessed. Built in 1554–60 to commemorate the defeat of the Tatars (Mongols) of Kazan and Astrakhan by Ivan IV (the Terrible), it is a unique and magnificent architectural display, each of its 10 domes differing in design and colour. Along Red Square facing the Kremlin is the State Department Store—usually called by its Russian acronym, GUM (Gosudarstvenny Universalny Magazin)—with its long aisles, iron bridges linking the upper floors, and vast skylights. The slightly earlier State Historical Museum (1875–83) closes off the northern end of the square. In 1990 the Kremlin and Red Square areas were designated a UNESCO World Heritage site.

Many old churches survive in the Kitay-gorod. Of particular note is the Church of the Trinity of Nikitniki (1628–34), built for the merchant Grigory Nikitnikov. Other notable churches in this quarter are the 15th-century Church of St. Anne of the Conception and the Epiphany Cathedral (1693–96). The Kitay-gorod was for centuries the commercial centre of Moscow, and its narrow, crowded streets still contain former banks, the stock-exchange building, and warehouses. Many of the old buildings near the river, however, were demolished in the 1960s to make room for the massive Rossiya Hotel (completed in 1967 torn down in 2006) nevertheless, a row of buildings, including the 16th-century house of the Romanov boyars and Old English Embassy and the 17th-century Monastery of the Sign, remain.


Assista o vídeo: BD DIVULGA - Cerimônia de Inauguração no Kremlin de Moscou 07-MAIO-2012 FULL OFICIAL VERSION


Comentários:

  1. Baen

    I think you have written very well, this experience will be useful to many, and this topic was described not but without such a detailed presentation

  2. Digal

    Eu confirmo. E com isso eu encontrei. Discutiremos esta questão.

  3. Obediah

    Eu imploro seu perdão, não posso ajudá -lo, mas tenho certeza de que eles definitivamente o ajudarão. Não se desespere.

  4. Alistair

    Eu acho que você está errado. Entre, vamos discutir isso. Escreva para mim em PM, vamos lidar com isso.

  5. JoJosar

    O talento, você não vai dizer nada.

  6. Kit

    Muito bem, eu gostei!

  7. Shey

    É notável, frase muito valiosa



Escreve uma mensagem